The digital age is dramatically changing the way every business operates – no matter what industry you are in and where you are based!
You probably already know how important it is to a have a website for your business, that you can use social media and other digital channels to get your business ‘out there’, and there are apps and other things you can use to run your business or work more efficiently from your store and on the go. But you may not have had time to find out ‘what is out there’, how to get started, what the tried and tested systems are and who is already using them with great success.
Come along to the Sunshine Coast Council’s workshop – Technology Your Need To Know as a Retail Business – and hear from local businesses who have already ‘gone digital’ and a local digital specialist who is helping many Sunshine Coast businesses save time and money through the use of online tools. All of the information will be shared in a fun, easy to understand and non technical way.
This 2 hour session is designed to specifically help retail businesses learn more about the technology available to them and how to implement it into their businesses. Whether you are a hair or beauty salon, fashion boutique or other retailer this workshop is applicable to you.
Learn how to better service clients online and decrease paperwork headaches.
WHAT WE’LL COVER
- Offline options for technology when your internet is playing up
- Understanding the different operating systems – Android, Apple, Microsoft & Google – and the programs they offer
- How to find and access cool apps to run your business
- How to save time – on emails, managing your diary and other key business operations
- The difference between internet speeds, bandwidth, downloads and uploads
- Options for taking your procedures, processes and standards online to ensure a consistent and quality customer experience
- Getting more ‘online’ with your finances such as how to get started with banking online, what POS (point of sale) solutions are out there so you can take payments ‘on the job’, and payment gateways such as Paypal, eWay, Stripe and more.
- Cloud based accounting – learn how they can help you run your business, including your cloud based payroll and superannuation options for contractors and employees
- Point of sale solutions
- And much more
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- People who are spending too much time on paperwork in their business and still using ancient work practices such as eftpos, faxes and email to run their business.
- People who are motivated to learn essential business skills to ensure their future employment or business success
- People who have already started playing with technology to run their business and would like to know ‘what else is out there’ to help them run their business
- Employees who would like to gain more skills to give them a helping hand in their career building
- Business owners or managers who would like to find better ways to manage their staff, contractors, the customer experience and more.
WHAT TO BRING
This session does not require access to technology specifically however if you have a smartphone or tablet you may like to use it to download apps and technology as we discuss it.
WHAT YOU GET FOR YOUR MONEY
- A dynamic and interactive 2 hour workshop specifically tailored for retail businesses
- Inspiration from retail business case studies who have already implemented some of the tools we will be sharing with much success
- Drink on arrival + snacks
- An informative event full of practical advice from people who know what they are talking about
- The opportunity to network with other local retail businesses
- The opportunity talk to the speakers before the event, in the break and afterwards!
- Inspirational, informational and innovative techniques to take home and try
- Live demonstrations
ABOUT THE PRESENTERS
PRESENTER – YVETTE ADAMS
Yvette Adams is a serial entrepreneur having started six businesses from scratch, the first a newspaper when she was just 17, and 2 of which she has since sold.
She is the founder and co-owner of The Creative Collective, a digital marketing agency which acquired Hinterland business Fig Creative in March 2017; the founder and owner of spin off company The Training Collective, a digital skills training organisation and awardshub.com, an online portal for business owners wanting to find business awards they may be able to enter, and to gain assistance in the preparation of their submissions.
She won the ICT Woman of the Year at the iAwards in 2013 and the Commonwealth Bank Business Owner category at the Telstra Business Womens in Queensland in 2010.
In 2015 she was recognised for making a significant contribution to science and innovation in Queensland and included on the department’s Queensland Science and Innovation Champion Hall of Fame and in 2016 she was named as a Digital Champion by Queensland Government.
Yvette is a twice published author, and is regularly called on as a media commentator and keynote speaker, facilitator and MC for events all over Asia Pacific. Most recently she has been presenting a new show called Young Entrepreneurs which can be viewed on BRiN, the world’s first business advisor in your pocket, which already has over 9,000 downloads from 74 countries.
Yvette will share the exact techniques she has used with much success for her own companies.
Please note: You will have the opportunity to network with others, so bring business cards!
Cancellation Policy: Should you be unable to attend, a substitute delegate is always welcome at no extra charge. An admin fee will apply for missed trainings. Regrettably no refunds can be made except if the event minimum numbers are not reached.
Please Note: This workshop requires a minimum of 5 attendees to go ahead – if the minimum attendee number is not reached, a full refund or credit of the training fee paid, will be given to attendees who have already paid. Accommodation and travel is booked at the risk of the attendee.
SMILE! Your attendance at events may be digitally recorded through photographs and/or video recordings. Images may be used on our websites, publications, social media or by other media and marketing channels. If you do not wish your image to be published, please notify staff before the event.REGISTER NOW